When someone says the word “fasting” to you, do you automatically cringe? Like, how could you fast? Well, do not be so quick to assume this mindset. Fasting has caught on by storm as more and more people are adopting an intermittent fasting approach. When we talk about fasting here, we are not referring to […]
When someone says the word “fasting” to you, do you automatically cringe? Like, how could you fast? Well, do not be so quick to assume this mindset. Fasting has caught on by storm as more and more people are adopting an intermittent fasting approach.
When we talk about fasting here, we are not referring to fasting for days on end. It is merely fasting for up to 16 hours a day of which half you will be sleeping and then eating in an 8-hour window. It has been demonstrated eating in this manner can not only help boost weight loss success but may also contribute to increasing health as well.
Here are some of the critical benefits of knowing about intermittent fasting…
1. Improved Heart Health. If heart health is a concern for you, intermittent fasting can help. This diet plan protocol helps to…
- reduce low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or “bad” cholesterol,
- improve triglyceride levels, and may
- also, lower your risk of heart attack and stroke.
Too many people are falling prey to heart disease these days, it is vital we do all we can to protect our heart health. While fasting has some protective mechanisms, it is also wise to eat healthy foods with this approach.
2. Enhanced Growth Hormone Release. Next, you have enhanced growth hormone release. When you fast, your body will be releasing more of the hormone that…
- helps to prevent aging,
- helps assist with forming a leaner body composition, and may also
- assist to promote stronger bones as well.
As we get older, our natural release of growth hormone tends to decline, so intermittent fasting can be one way to help offset this. You may not be able to bring your levels back up to what they were when you were in your 20’s or 30’s, but it can make a difference.
3. Greater Longevity. Those who fast regularly also show signs of greater longevity. Intermittent fasting can help with cellular repair and maintenance, meaning it could help your tissues survive better and keep regenerating as they should. So, in turn, intermittent fasting may boost the number of years you will live.
Current research done on rat populations shows those who fast every other day may live up to 84% longer than those who do not.
4. Improved Insulin Sensitivity. Finally, improved insulin sensitivity is the last benefit you can look forward to if you choose to do intermittent fasting. Improving insulin sensitivity can go a long way towards helping better manage Type 2 diabetes and blood sugar levels. Also, there should also be a decrease in your total body fat mass.
We are seeing rates of insulin resistance skyrocket in today’s society, so this is an excellent way to combat that issue.
There you have a few of the different benefits intermittent fasting provides. As you can see, it is one diet plan you will want to consider.