MProtect 2009 is a rogue anti-spyware program which uses spyware and other deceptive tools to trick you into purchasing their fake spyware remover. It will install a Trojan on your machine to download the software. You’ll know you’re being tricked if you go to a website and an ad pops up that looks like a […]
MProtect 2009 is a rogue anti-spyware program which uses spyware and other deceptive tools to trick you into purchasing their fake spyware remover. It will install a Trojan on your machine to download the software. You’ll know you’re being tricked if you go to a website and an ad pops up that looks like a Windows notification message. Once you click on the ad’s OK button, this will direct you to the software’s website. In other cases, simply by clicking the cancel or close button can start the rogue anti-spyware program’s installation. Often, a rogue anti-spyware program will display false positives (nonexistent spyware) when you use their spyware scanner. Rogue anti-spyware software, like MProtect 2009 will automatically download the trial version without your knowledge. MProtect 2009 is another program that was found to be falsely advertised on a malicious website with bogus claims of being able to detect and remove malware. Removal of MProtect 2009 is recommended to eliminate the risk of an infected system being damaged.
How to know I have MProtect 2009 on my computer?
The first step in detecting and removing MProtect 2009 is by asking yourself whether or not your computer has been infected. MProtect 2009, as well as other unwanted software, can be difficult to detect and even more difficult to remove but knowing the MProtect 2009 symptoms can start you on the road to having a MProtect 2009-free computer.
Symptoms of MProtect 2009:
– MProtect 2009 may install without your knowledge or consent.
– MProtect 2009 may monitor your surfing habits.
– MProtect 2009 may bombard you with popup ads.
– MProtect 2009 may hijack, redirect and change your Web browser.
– Slow computer performance.
What do I do?
– The best approach is to find a reliable anti-spyware program to run a spyware check. Once the anti-spyware software has identified the harmful files, you can easily remove all the files with a click of a button.
– If you’re not computer savvy and you think you’ve been infected with MProtect 2009, download SpyHunter MProtect 2009 scanner to automatically check for any MProtect 2009 files.
– Also, we recommend that you do not reformat your computer, reformatting should be your last resort. Reformatting will erase the contents of your hard-drive and you’ll have to reinstall every software you had before.