According to a recent survey, violence is on a rise in the world. Surprisingly, the most calm-looking person can even use violence nowadays. Police say it is a misconception that only angry and frustrated individuals become violent. The fact is calmer and composed people can also show a really violent behavior sometimes. Violence in Texas […]
According to a recent survey, violence is on a rise in the world. Surprisingly, the most calm-looking person can even use violence nowadays. Police say it is a misconception that only angry and frustrated individuals become violent. The fact is calmer and composed people can also show a really violent behavior sometimes.
Violence in Texas
Let us talk about our state now. In 2016, more than 121,042 violent crimes were committed in Texas. These crimes included rapes, murders, assaults and robberies. The violence rate per 1,000 inhabitants was 4.34. Some cities in Texas had a higher crime rate than the others.
Some of the Most Violent Places in Texas
This ranking is based on the data collected by the Texas police department.
Bellmead is listed as the most violent city in Texas. More than 10,000 residents live in this area. You have 1 out of 43 risk of becoming a violent crime victim living in Bellmead.
Donna is the second most dangerous place in Texas with high crime rate. It has a population of about 16,000 individuals. Home invasions and car thefts are the most common in Donna.
Humble is another small city of the Lone Star. The population of this city is not more than 15k yet the violent crime rate particularly, robberies is extremely high.
Houston is a famous and one of the most populous cities in Texas. It is ranked in the top 5 cities list with high crime rate in the state. More than 25,000 Houston natives were attacked, killed or raped in 2017.
Another big city of the Lone Star, San Antonio houses more than a million individuals. The city has a high violent crime rate including arson, theft and robbery.
How to Stay Protected in Texas
- Lock all your doors before sleeping or leaving your house.
- If you are going out for a longer period of time, make sure you have smart home devices including smart plugs and smart lights in place to help show your house looks occupied. You can use these smart devices through the cell phone to turn on and off your home appliances and lights.
- Never allow a doorbell ringer inside your home, if you don’t know him. Use a video doorbell camera to review the doorbell activity on the go.
- Equip your house with the best home security system in Texas. 1 in 2 criminals bypass houses that are armed with an alarm system. Choose the best home security company to ensure your peace of mind.
- Modern security cameras allow you to keep an eye on each sides of your house via your smartphone. Install the latest mobile video surveillance system for this purpose.
- To prevent house fires (and arson), mount smoke alarms in your house. A smoke detector sounds the alarm in case, there is a fire or smoke inside, and fixing the smoke alarm with a firefighter sensor enables the homeowners to get emergency assistance from the monitoring team when required.