Wouldn’t it be nice, if qualified, potential home buyers, would have a clear – cut, guide, akin to a cookbook, so, they might proceed, effectively and efficiently, on a regular basis, and, thus, make their best possible decisions. Since, for most people, their house is their single, largest financial asset, as well as a source […]
Wouldn’t it be nice, if qualified, potential home buyers, would have a clear – cut, guide, akin to a cookbook, so, they might proceed, effectively and efficiently, on a regular basis, and, thus, make their best possible decisions. Since, for most people, their house is their single, largest financial asset, as well as a source of pride, and comfort, but, unfortunately, many consider the home buying experience, to be an extremely stressful, period of time. With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly examine and consider, 5 keys to making the home buying experience, a better, more successful one.
1. Know the market/ competition, etc: One of the important reasons, I recommend, buyers hire a qualified, professional real estate agent, as their buyer’s agent, is the guidance and assistance, this individual will be able to supply. When a buyer begins, with realistic perception and understanding of the local market, he has a better idea, what is available, and how his needs, and finances, fit into that scenario! Is it a sellers or buyers market, or a neutral one? Knowing this, helps you understand, the best negotiating strategy, etc.
2. Be realistic: When one is ready, willing and able, to realistically, consider the possibilities, and market, he begins, with a realistic concept and idea, of what he might be able to afford, need, and prioritize! This reduces the stress levels, because there are fewer unfulfilled expectations, and running around, considering homes, which may be unaffordable, etc. When a buyer focuses on his needs, and priorities, and looks at realistic possibilities, the process, is consistently simplified, etc!
3. Structuring an offer – How to differentiate? You’ve gone through the process, and probably seen many houses, which you aren’t interested in! Finally, you believe you’ve found the right house for you. What’s the best way to secure it, if it is? In a buyers market, this is often less challenging, than in a sellers one! So, if you are in the latter type, it’s a good idea, to consider, the best way, to structure your offer, in a way, which differentiates you, from other buyers, and makes it more attractive to the seller, to sell their home, to you. Have you taken the time, and structured yourself, in such a way, so you have a better than average – sized, down – payment, as well as being pre – approved (not only qualified) for your mortgage.
4. Negotiating points, versus deal – breakers: Smart buyers recognize the difference between effectively negotiating, and what makes up a deal – breaker! One must know, what are your wishes, versus essential goals and priorities! Use the services of a well – respected, professional home inspector, and know, what items, are more significant.
5. Negotiating offers – priorities and approaches: When you begin with a professionally designed, Competitive Market Analysis (CMA), you will better recognize the difference between the listing price, and what might be a realistic offer. Everyone wants to get their deal, at the best possible price, but what that might be and represent, often depends on the local real estate market.
Hiring the right agent, for you and your needs, who understands your needs, goals and priorities, and will direct you properly, as a buyers agent, is the first step, a buyer should take! Then, you should listen to the individual, you’ve hired, consider these 5 keys, and proceed accordingly!