There are so many things related to plasterboard. If you’re interested to know about plastering service in details then these details will help you know everything from inside out. Typically, plasterboard is the middle layer of gypsum between two layers of thick lining paper. There is also some different strength of additives used in the […]
There are so many things related to plasterboard. If you’re interested to know about plastering service in details then these details will help you know everything from inside out.
- Typically, plasterboard is the middle layer of gypsum between two layers of thick lining paper. There is also some different strength of additives used in the gypsum layer to consolidate the finished material.
- Gypsum is made up of water crystals. When the weather is hot or there is a fire, the water strains off the material to keep the plasterboard from reacting to the weather and keep the temperature normal. In case of fire, it keeps the fire from spreading less rapidly. Quality plasterboard comes with fire protection feature.
3.Professional plasterers in Auckland work with good quality plasterboard such as GIB plasterboard works great as noise reduction. It is a great material in cutting down airborne sounds and noise. GIB plasterboard is high performance material that is specially designed with improved insulation against sound.
4. Normal plasterboards do not work better in wet environment. This is why you need to be sure of the quality. Standard quality plasterboard is ideal for moist condition and can be used in kitchen, bathroom and similar areas where the environment is likely to be moist. Quality plasterboard comes with silicone additives in the base which is a great water resistant.
5. GIB plasterboard is not made of traditional lining process. It has layers of glass fiber inside that strengthen the performance of plasterboard, high quality plastering finish is assured with super flexibility that can bend to fit into any curve edges. They work excellent in semi-exposed areas.
6. Most plasterboard comes with one side ivory and other side brown color. The ivory part is generally fixed at the outer side because it is designed for plastering and the brown is for reverse section. The paper liners are made out of recycled materials which not only strengthen the installation work but it is also environment friendly.
7. GIB has economical lining material with Standard 10mm and 13mm. It has super strength, flexibility, and reputation for the ease of installation and long lasting quality.
8. GIB tough line is specially designed plasterboard that has improved resistance power to prevent accidental wear and tear.
9. Usually, you can easily apply wallpaper directly on the surface of the plasterboard. But it is recommended to apply a dry wall sealer so that you can easily strip it off later without leaving any trace of paper.
So these are the basic features of standard plasterboard. If you’re looking for plastering service in Auckland for new plasterboard installation or want to overhaul the existing, these tips will help you take informed decision. Remember, plastering job is done right when you hire professional plasterers.